Medical Definition of cold agglutinin
: any of several agglutinins sometimes present in the blood (as that of many patients with primary atypical pneumonia) that at low temperatures agglutinate compatible as well as incompatible red blood cells, including the patient's own
— called also cold hemagglutinin— compare autoagglutinin
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?