cog·wheel·ing | \ ˈkäg-ˌ(h)wēl-iŋ\
Medical Definition of cogwheeling
: cogwheel rigidity The phenomenon of cogwheeling in the upper limbs is a result of rigidity and superimposed rhythmic contractions on passive stretching of the muscles.— Ellie Borrell, The Journal of Neuroscience Nursing, October 2000
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game