Medical Definition of cloverleaf skull
: a birth defect in which some or all of the usually separate bones of the skull have grown together resulting in a 3-lobed skull with associated deformities of the features and skeleton
— called also kleeblattschädel
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game