Medical Definition of clofazimine
: a reddish brown powdered dye C27H22Cl2N4 that is a derivative of phenazine used especially to treat lepromatous leprosy Dapsone and clofazimine are weakly bactericidal for M leprae but, in combination, will kill 99.999% of bacilli (the limit of detectability) within 3 months.— Robert R. Jacobson and James L. Krahenbuhl, The Lancet, 20 Feb. 1999
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?