Medical Definition of clemastine
: an antihistamine drug administered orally in the form of its fumarate C21H26ClNO·C4H4O4 to relieve the symptoms of hay fever and the common cold … oral antihistamines, such as chlorpheniramine and clemastine, reduce sneezing and, to a lesser extent, rhinorrhea, probably because of their anticholinergic effects, but they are often associated with excess sedation.— Frederick G. Hayden, Scientific American Medicine Bulletin, March 1997
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?