Medical Definition of cinchonamine
: a white crystalline alkaloid C19H24N2O obtained from some South American shrubs (genus Remijia) of the madder family that has been used as a substitute for and is more toxic than quinine
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game