Medical Definition of chrysiasis
: a grayish purple to grayish blue pigmentation of the skin and whites of the eyes due to deposition of gold particles in the tissues following therapeutic injections of gold salts (as in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game