Medical Definition of choroidopathy
: a diseased condition affecting the choroid of the eye … the retinal, choroidal, and optic nerve circulations undergo a series of pathophysiological changes in response to raised blood pressure, resulting in a range of clinical signs referred to as hypertensive retinopathy, hypertensive choroidopathy, and hypertensive optic neuropathy.— Tien Wong and Paul Mitchell, The Lancet, 3 Feb. 2007
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game