variants: or chondromalacia patella
Medical Definition of chondromalacia patellae
: pain over the front of the knee with softening of the articular cartilage of the patella — see runner's knee In chondromalacia patellae, the cartilage has softened and crumbled. Fortunately, the damage can heal itself, but it requires rest.— Paul Donohue, The St. Louis Post-Dispatch, 29 Feb. 1996
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?