Medical Definition of chondritis
: inflammation of cartilage Ear cartilage piercing is inherently more risky than lobe piercing. Clinicians should respond aggressively to potential auricular chondritis and consider Pseudomonas a possible cause pending culture results.— William E. Keene et al., The Journal of the American Medical Association, 25 Feb. 2004
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?