Medical Definition of chemical castration
: the administration of a drug (such as medroxyprogesterone acetate) to bring about a marked reduction in the body's production of androgens and especially testosterone
Note: Chemical castration may be used to reduce the sexual urges of sex offenders (such as pedophiles) and in the treatment of prostate cancer, where it is typically called androgen deprivation therapy.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game