Medical Definition of chelidonium
1 capitalized : a genus of yellow-flowered herbs of the poppy family (Papaveraceae) that have yellowish acrid juice and include the celandine
2 : a preparation of celandine (Chelidonium majus) used especially formerly as a diuretic
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?