Medical Definition of chelidonium
1 capitalized : a genus of yellow-flowered herbs of the poppy family (Papaveraceae) that have yellowish acrid juice and include the celandine
2 : a preparation of celandine (Chelidonium majus) used especially formerly as a diuretic
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game