central diabetes insipidusnoun
Medical Definition of central diabetes insipidus
: diabetes insipidus caused by insufficient production of vasopressin and resulting from damage (as from injury, infection, or disease) to the pituitary gland or hypothalamus Central diabetes insipidus is a heterogeneous condition characterized by polyuria and polydipsia due to a deficiency of arginine vasopressin.— Mohamad Maghnie et al., The New England Journal of Medicine, 5 Oct. 2000
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game