Medical Definition of cardiac nerve
: any of the three nerves connecting the cervical ganglia of the sympathetic nervous system with the cardiac plexus:
a : one arising especially from the inferior cervical ganglion or the stellate ganglion
— called also inferior cardiac nerve
b : one arising especially from the middle cervical ganglion
— called also middle cardiac nerve
c : one arising especially from the superior cervical ganglion
— called also superior cardiac nerve
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?