Medical Definition of carboplatin
: a platinum-containing antineoplastic drug C6H12N2O4Pt that is an analog of cisplatin with somewhat reduced toxicity and that is administered intravenously in the treatment of various cancers (as of the ovary or lung)
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game