Medical Definition of canine parvovirus
: parvovirus sense 2 A pup from their litter died on Aug. 24, and a necropsy found that it died of canine parvovirus, a contagious disease that is often fatal to domestic and wild canines. — The Albuquerque Tribune, 2 Sept. 1999 also : the virus causing this disease Although the protein coat (capsid) of canine parvovirus includes a core structural motif that has frequently been observed in RNA viruses, the arrangement of the motif differs considerably from anything known previously. — David J. Filman and James M. Hogle, Nature, 9 May 1991
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?