Medical Definition of camphoric acid
: a white crystalline acid C10H16O2 existing in three optically different forms especially : the dextrorotatory form obtained by the oxidation of dextrorotatory camphor and used in pharmaceuticals
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game