Medical Definition of butacaine
: a local anesthetic that is an ester of para-aminobenzoic acid and is applied in the form of its white crystalline sulfate (C18H30N2O2)2·H2SO4 to mucous membranes
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?