Medical Definition of bulimarexia
1 : bulimia sense 2 … an increasingly common phenomenon known as bulimia or bulimarexia, an out-of-control cycle of binge-eating followed by purges to get rid of the thousands of calories that may have been consumed in just half an hour.— Jane E. Brody, The New York Times, 30 Mar. 1983
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- Rapping on 'Bad Rap' and 'Bad Rep' (and 'Bad Wrap')
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game