Medical Definition of broad ligament
: either of the two lateral ligaments of the uterus composed of a double sheet of peritoneum, passing from the sides of the uterus to the side walls of the pelvis, giving passage between the two layers of each ligament to the uterine tubes, blood vessels, and the epoophoron and paroophoron, and bearing the ovary suspended from the dorsal surface
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game