Medical Definition of braxy
1 : a malignant edema of sheep that involves gastrointestinal invasion by a spore-forming bacterium of the genus Clostridium (C. septicum), produces an enterotoxemia characterized by staggering, convulsions, coma, and death, and is common in Iceland, Scotland, and Norway — compare black disease
2 : a sheep dead from natural causes and especially from disease also : mutton from such a carcass
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game