medical Definition of bone density
- Bisphosphonates increase bone density by adding minerals to bones.
- —Jane E. Brody, The New York Times, 5 Apr. 2005
- Numerous studies indicate that weight bearing exercise versus non-weight-bearing exercise increases bone density in women younger than 35.
- —M. R. Hiller, The Springfield (Massachusetts) Union News, 19 Feb. 1993
- … women considered to be at increased risk of osteoporotic fracture on the basis of a low base-line bone density.
- —Richard L. Prince et al., The New England Journal of Medicine, 24 Oct. 1991