Medical Definition of bleomycin
: a mixture of glycoprotein antibiotics derived from a streptomyces (Streptomyces verticillus) and used in the form of the sulfate as an antineoplastic agent
Note: Bleomycin is used in combination with other drugs in the treatment of Hodgkin's lymphoma ((see abvd)).
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game