Medical Definition of blast crisis
: the terminal stage of chronic myelogenous leukemia that is characterized by a marked increase in the proportion of blast cells, by fever and pain in the bones, and by increased severity of anemia, thrombocytopenia, and splenomegaly
— called also blastic crisis
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game