Medical Definition of black mold
: any of various greenish-black molds of the genus Stachybotrys (especially Stachybotrys chartarum synonym S. atra) that are found especially on water-saturated cellulose materials (such as cardboard, fiberboard, or dust) Toxins from mold—such as those from an infamous black mold called Stachybotrys, which is often cited in lawsuits as causing grave harm to human health—are not readily airborne, and are therefore not likely to be breathed in.— Christopher Wanjek, The Washington Post, 17 Sept. 2002
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
- Is 'Cement' 'Concrete'?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game