Medical Definition of biuret reaction
Note: The biuret reaction is typically used to indicate the presence and concentration of protein in a test sample and occurs when the peptide bonds in a protein react with the copper ions to produce a violet or purple complex. The intensity of color in solution is proportional to the number of peptide bonds.
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game