Medical Definition of bismuth subcarbonate
: a white or pale yellowish white powder that is a basic salt of varying composition obtained by reaction of a carbonate with a bismuth salt and used chiefly in treating gastrointestinal disorders, topically as a protective in lotions and ointments, and in cosmetics
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?