Medical Definition of birth trauma
1 : physical injury (as cephalhematoma, facial paralysis, or clavicular fracture) sustained by an infant in the process of birth
2 : the psychic shock that according to some psychoanalytic theories occurs in an infant during birth
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game