bioelectronicsnoun plural but singular in construction
Medical Definition of bioelectronics
1 : a branch of science that deals with electronic control of physiological function especially as applied in medicine to compensate for defects of the nervous system
2 : a branch of science that deals with the role of electron transfer in biological processes
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game