variants: or biceps jerk
Medical Definition of biceps reflex
: an involuntary contraction of the biceps muscle of the arm produced by tapping upon its tendon The biceps reflex is usually tested by percussing the examiner's thumb held over the biceps tendon, with the elbow in a partially flexed position.— Frank P. Smith, Neurology and Neurosurgery, 2001
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?