Medical Definition of berry aneurysm
: an aneurysm of a cerebral artery that resembles a berry or sac in shape and typically occurs at an arterial junction in the circle of Willis The culprit is a berry aneurysm, a slight (one-eighth to one-third of an inch) ballooning of the artery in the circle of Willis …— Tony Dajer, Discover, March 2009
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?