Medical Definition of benzidine test
: a sensitive test for the presence of blood (as in urine or feces) based on the production of a blue color upon contact with a solution of benzidine, hydrogen peroxide, and glacial acetic acid
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game