Medical Definition of behavioral medicine
: an interdisciplinary medical science dealing with the psychological and behavioral causes of bodily symptoms and disease Behavioral medicine is an emerging field which treats mind and body as two ends of the same continuum. The core of basic research in this field is an attempt to locate the specific neurochemical mechanisms by which subjective states—specifically those associated with emotional stress—lead to disease.— Constance Holden, Science, 25 July 1980
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Looking at ‘Bothsidesing’
- On ‘Infringe,’ ‘Encroach,’ and ‘Impinge’
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/20/19
- A Note on the Nonbinary 'They'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?