Medical Definition of bark scorpion
: any of a genus (Centruroides) of typically tan-colored scorpions occurring from the southern U.S. to northern South America and including some that are highly venomous The Arizona bark scorpion may be small, but its sting delivers a neurotoxin that can kill or render critically ill a young child.— Tina Hesman Saey, Science News, 6 June 2009
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- Rapping on 'Bad Rap' and 'Bad Rep' (and 'Bad Wrap')
- 'Confuzzled': A Not So Confusing Definition
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game