Medical Definition of bacteriophage lambda
Note: Bacteriophage lambda is used as a vector to clone DNA from various organisms by replacing nonessential DNA in the bacteriophage with foreign DNA and introducing the combined DNA into E. coli, where it is replicated with the bacterium.
— called also lambda phage, phage lambda
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game