Medical Definition of bacteriophage lambda
Note: Bacteriophage lambda is used as a vector to clone DNA from various organisms by replacing nonessential DNA in the bacteriophage with foreign DNA and introducing the combined DNA into E. coli, where it is replicated with the bacterium.
— called also lambda phage, phage lambda
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game