Medical Definition of azelastine
: an antihistamine drug administered in the form of its hydrochloride C22H24ClN3O·HCl as a nasal spray to treat rhinitis and as eye drops to treat itching associated with allergic conjunctivitis Azelastine may cause a transient bitter or metallic taste even when administered intranasally. — F. Estelle R. Simons and Keith J. Simons, The New England Journal of Medicine,, 9 June 1994
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game