Medical Definition of aspidosperma
1 capitalized : a genus of tropical American trees or rarely shrubs of the dogbane family that includes the white quebracho
2 : the dried bark of the quebracho (Aspidosperma quebracho) used as a respiratory sedative in dyspnea and in asthma
— called also quebracho bark
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game