Medical Definition of aspergillin
1 : an amorphous black pigment found in the spores of various fungi of the genus Aspergillus
2 : an antibacterial substance isolated from two molds of the genus Aspergillus (A. flavus and A. fumigatus) and reported to possess activity against both gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?