Medical Definition of aspergillin
1 : an amorphous black pigment found in the spores of various fungi of the genus Aspergillus
2 : an antibacterial substance isolated from two molds of the genus Aspergillus (A. flavus and A. fumigatus) and reported to possess activity against both gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
- The Words of the Week - 6/11/2021
Ask the Editors
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game