Medical Definition of asarum
1 capitalized : a genus of herbs (family Aristolochiaceae) that are native to temperate regions of the northern hemisphere, have pungent aromatic roots and dull-colored flowers, and include the wild ginger
2 : the dried rhizome and roots of wild ginger used as aromatic bitters and as a flavoring agent
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game