Medical Definition of anxiety reaction
: reaction to a feared situation or object in which various manifestations of anxiety (as shortness of breath, abdominal pain, increased heart rate, or irritability) are prominent Once an anxiety reaction has been precipitated in an anxiety-prone individual, an interesting question has to do with what factors actually maintain the anxiety and associated responses.— Robert A. Ditomasso and Elizabeth A. Gosch, Anxiety Disorders: A Practitioner's Guide to Comparative Treatments, 2002
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?