Medical Definition of anxiety reaction
: reaction to a feared situation or object in which various manifestations of anxiety (as shortness of breath, abdominal pain, increased heart rate, or irritability) are prominent Once an anxiety reaction has been precipitated in an anxiety-prone individual, an interesting question has to do with what factors actually maintain the anxiety and associated responses.— Robert A. Ditomasso and Elizabeth A. Gosch, Anxiety Disorders: A Practitioner's Guide to Comparative Treatments, 2002
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game