Medical Definition of antrectomy
: surgical removal of the lower portion of the stomach
Note: Antrectomy may be performed for several reasons including treatment of peptic ulcers, gastric obstruction, or malignant tumors.After antrectomy, gastrin levels returned to normal in all three patients.— Irvin M. Modlin and George Sachs
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?