Medical Definition of antiprogestin
: a substance (such as mifepristone) that inhibits the action of progesterone in the body RU-486 is an antiprogestin that is thought to compete with progesterone at the receptor site.— Charles Morgan, Nature, 15 Jan. 1987
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?