Medical Definition of antinociception
: the action or process of blocking the detection of a painful or injurious stimulus by sensory neurons Compared with systemic narcotic analgesia, intraspinal narcotic antinociception has a longer duration.— Dennis W. Coombs, The Journal of the American Medical Association, 4 Nov. 1983
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game