Medical Definition of anticardiolipin antibody
: an antibody that is directed against phospholipids and especially cardiolipin and is associated with increased risk for recurring arterial and venous thromboses
— called also anticardiolipin
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game