Medical Definition of angiomyolipoma
: a benign tumor composed of blood vessels, smooth muscle, and fat that occurs especially in the kidney and that is often asymptomatic but may cause pain or blood in the urine … angiomyolipomas are often part of a syndrome called tuberous sclerosis. — Paul G. Donohue, The Star Ledger (Newark, New Jersey), 9 Dec. 1999 Macroscopic fat within a renal mass, identified by means of CT or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), is diagnostic of angiomyolipoma (a benign mass), unless calcification is present, which would indicate a malignant condition. — Inderbir S. Gill, The New England Journal of Medicine,, 18 Feb. 2010
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game