Medical Definition of angiomyolipoma
: a benign tumor composed of blood vessels, smooth muscle, and fat that occurs especially in the kidney and that is often asymptomatic but may cause pain or blood in the urine … angiomyolipomas are often part of a syndrome called tuberous sclerosis. — Paul G. Donohue, The Star Ledger (Newark, New Jersey), 9 Dec. 1999 Macroscopic fat within a renal mass, identified by means of CT or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), is diagnostic of angiomyolipoma (a benign mass), unless calcification is present, which would indicate a malignant condition. — Inderbir S. Gill, The New England Journal of Medicine,, 18 Feb. 2010
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game