Medical Definition of anergia
: lack of energy Anhedonia and anergia are among the negative symptoms common to schizophrenia and depression.— Shirly Mahgerefteh et al., Psychiatric Times, 1 Apr. 2006
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game