Medical Definition of andromedotoxin
: a toxic compound C31H50O10 found in various plants (as members of the genus Andromeda) of the heath family (Ericaceae) that lowers the blood pressure of animals when taken in small doses
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?