Medical Definition of anaplastology
: a branch of medical technology that is concerned with the design, preparation, and fitting of usually non-weight bearing, highly realistic prosthetic devices (as an artificial eye or finger) to individual specifications and with the study of the materials from which they are fabricated Anaplastology is a craft that blends the art of sculpture with the science of high-tech materials and human anatomy.— Marsha Austin
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game