Medical Definition of anal verge
: the lower edge of the anal canal that marks the junction of the anal canal and the external hair-bearing skin The anal verge … is the junction of nonkeratinized squamous epithelium of the anal canal with hair-bearing, keratinized, perianal skin. — Salma K. Jabbour and Deborah Frassica, in Handbook of Radiation Oncology: Basic Principles and Clinical Protocols, 2009 In most cases, the diagnosis can be made by visual inspection of the anal verge …— Sharon Worcester, Family Practice News, 1 May 2005
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game