Medical Definition of amniotic band
: strands of amniotic tissue that are formed by premature rupture of the amnion and that become entangled especially in the extremities of the developing fetus often limiting growth and resulting in various physical abnormalities (as limb or digit distortion or amputation)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game